This time of the year is celebrated by bars across the globe - Oktoberfest is here. Originally this festive time emerged from Munich in the 1800s and is a growing trend today. Local bars typically host promotional events and beer companies even release specific blends in honor of Oktoberfest - Samuel Adams has a hugely popular Oktoberfest Beer that fans love.
Those that have a bar in your home or want to add a little home comfort to your local bar, we have established a few easy tips to follow.
1. Stainless Steel Bar Accessories - Quality is essential for any bar and accessories like martini shakers, mixers, and thongs last better when they are stainless steel. Home bars and local establishments notice the quality and appreciate that items do not rust. Guests will love their clean look and never think twice about how their drinks are prepared.
2. Design a Theme - Oktoberfest is not the only excitement during this time of the year, football is in full force. Two things that go great together are football and beer. A great way to create this atmosphere are sport themed rugs with your favorite NFL football team's logo. This works great in your home's bar section or many local bars and sports themed rugs on the wall for that extra team spirit.
3. Classic Bar Design - Integral to many bars are mirrors. These mirrors are typically strategically placed behind the bar, where the bottles are displayed. This is both aesthetically pleasing and done for safety reasons, because with a mirror it gives the bartender eyes behind their head. At a home a more simple mirror can do the trick behind the bottles or on the opposite wall to play off of the bottle designs.
4. Seating at the Bar - Enjoying beer on Oktoberfest is tradition and nothing is better than a cold sip of beer perched on a bar stool. The comfort of a great stool should not be underestimated - it's a key aspect to all bars. The bar stool seats you up high and lifts your feet off the ground, keeping in the drinking position longer. If you are entertaining at home have a few bar stools handy, helps create the authentic bar experience and your guests will love it.
5. Games - A little break from drinking never hurt. A dartboard is a fun game to keep next to your bar, it's a nice change of pace. This is easy enough to hang on a wall next to the bar at home - even if you don't actually play, it give that authentic bar vibe. Not sure who originally thought that throwing mini spears and drinking was a good mix, but it works!
This time of year is a lot of fun and very festive. The annual Oktoberfest is enjoyed by beer drinking across the globe - at home or in the local pubs. Start making your plans early and scope out the local schedules for events near you. Stay safe and enjoy the fun.
- License: Image author owned
+Jodi Call grew up all over the world, giving her a deep appreciation for different custom and cultures; this has translated into her home decorating skills. Read about her home décor tips and advice at bedbathstore.com